• Start-up Snugs Earphones wins both Audience and Judges Vote and the Netleadz Digital Marketing Workshop
• Key Note Speaker was Steve Tyler from the RNIB
Last night (07/07/15) saw another fantastic Techpitch 4pt5 event hosted at the Pinsent Masons office in London. This time around the standard of start-ups was exceptionally high covering a wide range of sectors. After a series of fantastic three minute pitches by start-ups which included music, fashion and travel tech companies, came the all-important voting. As ever we were excited to see who would win as the chosen start-up has the opportunity of a free Netleadz digital marketing workshop.
Who was the winning start-up?
The winner this time was Snugs Earphones (or Snugs for short). these guys produce inner earphones with ambitious plans to become the Beats by Dre of inner earphones. The main difference is that all headphones are custom fitted to the user’s ears. If you’ve ever had the problem of your earphones falling out of your ears then Snugs are the solution. You don’t have to be a rockstar or racing car driver to have a pair of your own custom fitted earphones, as Snugs deliver them at an affordable price thanks to the magic of 3d printing.
Although unbiased, we were secretly happy a music related brand took the prize. Here at Netleadz we are passionate about the sector and having worked in the space before, we knew we would enjoy getting stuck in.
As ever, there was a key note speaker and this time it came from the inspirational Steve Tyler of the RNIB (Royal National Institute of Blind People). The main takeaway from his presentation was what many of us agree with, and that’s “personalisation is the future”. It was incredibly interesting to see how revolutionary technology is changing the lives of those with disabilities.
Fashion, Music and Travel Tech Start-ups…
All startups would have been worthy of a Digital Marketing Workshop and as mentioned there was an eclectic mix of industries. Here is the full list:
- ArtHome.London - a subscription service that allows people to enjoy different art in their home every month - @ArtHomeLondon
- Loyalzoo - a loyalty app for independent retailers and businesses that replaces traditional loyalty cards - @loyalzoo
- Moteefe - a peer-to-peer clothing e-commerce platform that enables creative individuals to design their own everyday wear and market these - @moteefe
- PensionMandate - an event-driven infobase for asset management firms that identifies, monitors, extracts and filters the relevant actionable data about the institutional investor activity using automation and big data tool - @pensionmandate
- Snaptivity - a technology platform that accurately identifies individuals in the photos and notifies them about new photos taken - @Snaptivity
- Snugs Earphones - custom fit earphones that never fall out, are really comfortable, shut noise out and deliver high sound quality - @Snugsearphones
- Tailify - a marketplace that connect social media influencers, where can work together with brands in a very easy and smooth way - @tailify
- Upgrade Digital - a B2B travel industry platform providing booking technology, data mining and audience segmentation that allows them to compete on a global scale - @upgradedigi
One thing we noticed is that all the brands had company twitter accounts and were active on them. This is something we believe is important as too many start-ups put off their digital marketing efforts until it’s too late. Find out more about how and why start-ups should start their digital marketing as soon as possible on our guest blog post on the Techpitch 4pt5 blog.
Techpitich is a great event for start-ups and investors offering a great networking opportunity. Not to mention the copious amounts of beer, wine and pizza.
If you own a start-up and are interested in our digital marketing workshop you can apply here.